Mears Lewisham and Ladywell Funeral Director: Unattended (Direct) Burial Pricing
A Direct Burial is a private service without the usual ceremony at the graveside.
The deceased is buried in a dignified manner with Funeral Director and Cemetery staff in attendance but with no mourners permitted to attend the Cemetery. A Vigil, Celebration of Life, Tree Planting Ceremony or just a time of personal reflection may be held but these will need to be subject to separate arrangements.
We cover the whole of the UK with our fleet of removal vehicles tracked on all of their journeys.
Arrangements as to the specific day and time of Burial will be agreed with the Cemetery.
Our fees for Direct Burial do not include either burial-plot or interment charges and costs vary widely based on geographic location, but we can advise on least-expensive options.
The service is the perfect option for Solicitors who have been tasked with arranging a funeral at the lowest possible cost where burial, not cremation is a requirement, perhaps for religious reasons.
This service includes:
- Using our own uniformed staff and specialised vehicles transfer your loved one into our care from a Hospital, Coroners or another Funeral Directors. (We are an established Funeral Directors)
- Provide care at one of our own Care Centres
- Prepare the body for the coffin in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Provide a quality English style coffin with handles and name plate.
- Place any personal items you send us in the coffin. (please ask for guidance).
- Transfer to our preferred partner Cemetery.
- If requested, advise you of the date of the burial.
- Provide telephone and/or email support to complete all required paperwork.
- You may also visit us at any of our local branches to discuss this service.
- Give advice and help if a DSS claim is to be made.
Please note that this for FUNERAL DIRECTOR SERVICES ONLY and CEMETERY PLOT-FEES and INTERMENT CHARGES are EXCLUDED from our pricing*.
*Doctors’ fees for the paperwork to allow some burials to proceed are an additional charge as they are usually not payable if the death has been reported to the local Coroner. If required they will increase the cost by £82.00 (price is set by UK government regulations). If this charge is required to be paid you will be advised shortly after placing your order.
Across the South East and North Kent and around London we have 11 local Funeral branches namely Catford, Bromley, West Wickham, Ladywell & Lewisham, Biggin Hill, Beckenham, Blackfen, Eltham, Orpington, Walthamstow and Aylesbury. We are always on hand to offer advice on all aspects of arranging a funeral, repatriation or memorial for a loved one.