Questions? Consult the FAQ below
How do I update/upgrade a Death Notice to a Funeral Notice?
If you created the A death notice is an announcement which records the passing ... More you can upgrade it to a A funeral notice adds funeral information to a death notice ... More by viewing the notice and selecting the “Edit” link which will reopen your original form. You can also access and edit all your listings through “Your Memorialise” (in the top menu of every page when logged in)
When you access the form, change the “Type of Notice” dropdown field from “Death Notice” to “Funeral Notice” and scroll down. Additional fields will now be visible enabling you to add funeral details and other information you may wish to add your funeral notice. Once the information is added your death notice will automatically be upgraded to a funeral notice and anyone subscribing to the previous notice will be informed.
TIP: After you upgrade your notice we recommend you socially share your update with the funeral information to inform your friends/followers of the update.
What is the difference between a Death Notice and a Funeral Notice?
A A death notice is an announcement which records the passing ... More is an announcement which records the passing of the deceased and usually includes:
- their name;
- the date of their death;
- the location (eg “at home”) and (optionally) the circumstances of their death (eg “after a short illness”);
- the village, town or neighbourhood they may be associated with;
- the first names of close bereaved relatives;
- (optionally) a charity to which donations may be made;
- an entreaty (eg “Rest in Peace”).
A A funeral notice adds funeral information to a death notice ... More adds funeral information to a death notice and usually includes:
- the circumstances/location of the funeral (eg service, cremation/burial);
- the date and time of the funeral;
- details of the funeral director/manager;
- arrangements for flowers and/or charitable donations;
- details of live streaming and who might attend (including how to obtain an invitation).
You can create and publish a death notice or update a death notice to a funeral notice free of charge using our Add Death/Funeral Notice page.