A death notice is an announcement which records the passing of the deceased and usually includes:
- their name;
- the date of their death;
- the location (eg “at home”) and (optionally) the circumstances of their death (eg “after a short illness”);
- the village, town or neighbourhood they may be associated with;
- the first names of close bereaved relatives;
- (optionally) a charity to which donations may be made;
- an entreaty (eg “Rest in Peace”).
You can create and publish a death notice free of charge using our Add Death/Funeral Notice page.